It has been many days since the official release of The Last of Us Part I and now, the developers have started to launch the patch notes for the available bug fixes and other improvements.
Today, the Naughty Dog has released The Last of Us Part I update 1.02 which includes some fixes which are found in Photo Mode and other Accessibility features. The company has announced it in a tweet:
The Last of Us Part I Patch 1.02 is available to download today. This patch features Photo Mode and Accessibility bug fixes.
— Naughty Dog (@Naughty_Dog) September 20, 2022
Numerous bugs, including one with the Fidelity mode, have been fixed by this patch. The game’s Fidelity mode now supports running at 30 frames per second thanks to adjustments made by Naughty Dog. The full list of the latest update patches is available below.
The Last of Us Part 1 Update 1.02 Patch Notes
So, the following lists contain all the major and minor changes made by the developers in the new 1.02 update of The Last of Us Part I.
Major Fixes and Adjustments
- Fixed various instances across the game where level geometry would drop out at certain vantage points.
- Fixed various issues related to photo mode.
- Adjusted the “Fidelity” display setting to target 30 FPS, even with an HFR television. Removed the requirement for VRR to enabled “Unlocked Framerate” in “Fidelity” mode.
- Updated the descriptions of “Performance” and “Fidelity” modes to more clearly describe their behavior.
- Small adjustments to the audio mix and lighting during a sequence in the final chapter of the main game.
Minor Fixes and Adjustments
- Fixed an issue where the optional conversation around the hanging body in the Pittsburgh Financial Plaza would not trigger.
- Fixed a global issue where water splash FX were not displaying as intended.
- Fixed various issues with localized text and Screen Reader in the main menus.
- Fixed an issue where the credits would be flipped when using the Mirror World modifier.
- Fixed an instance where characters would be missing facial animations when seen from perspectives only possible in photo mode.
- (New Game Plus) Fixed an issue where weapon upgrade parts would stop spawning before the player had upgraded all guns.
- (Accessibility) Improved how Navigation Assistance functions in the Pittsburgh Hotel and the Lakeside Mine fights.
- (Accessibility) Fixed an issue where Invisibility Toggle with “Limited” time was not counting down correctly.
More on The Last of Us:
- The Last of Us PS5: Is It Worth Your Time and Money?
- The Last of Us Part I All Weapons and Their Locations Guide
- A former Naughty Dog Employee Hints that The Last of Us Multiplayer is Set in a Deep City